Serve 4 persons
Making of cake:
1) 1 egg
2) 3 tbs of Sugar
3) 4 tbs of Flour
4) 1 tbs of instant coffee that mix with 1 tbs of boiling water
Make of Mousse:
1) 1 to 2 eggs whites (ideally is 1.5 egg white)
2) 0.25 cup of sugar
3) 0.5 cup of sweet cream
4) 1 tbs of coffee flavored liqueur
5) 0.5 cup of fine bittersweet chocolate which is finely grated
Denote: tbs = Tablespoons, ts = teaspoons,
pcs = pieces
Greased 10 inch of spring form pan
Steps for Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Firstly, prepare the cake: Beat the egg with electronic mixer with
medium speed until it become lightly foamy.
3. Now add the sugar into the egg. Mix it till become think and foamy
with medium speed too.
4. Next is to mix the flour and coffee with a rubber spatula until it
become smooth and brown.
5. Pour the batter and put into the pan.
6. Bake for 20 min and remove the cake from the oven. Set it aside
until it cool to the room temperature.
7. Now, we need to prepare the mousse. First, beat the egg white with
high speed on the mixer until they begin to become stiff.
8. Slowly add the sugar while you are mixing. Stop when it come stiff
9. On the separate bowl, whip the cream with the mixer until it become
10. Fold the cream into the egg white using the rubber spatula, the
fold in the liqueur. Mix then well till smooth and blended.
11. Take the cake and cake it into horizontally in 2 equal halves. Set
aside the top half.
12. Spoon 2 ts of the grated chocolate in the center of the bottom half
of the cake.
13. Spread half the mousse evenly over the top and sides of the bottom
half of the cake.
14. Place the top half of the cake on top of the bottom and sprinkle 2
ts of the grated chocolate on top.
15. Spread the remaining mousse evenly over the cake and transfer the
cake to the freezer for 120 min.
16. Take the cake out from the freezer and decorate with what you like.
17. You can now enjoy the cake with mousse.
Enjoy your lovely mousse cake.