Serve for 3 people
Making of Dough:
1) 1 tbs fresh yeast
2) 0.25 cup of water
3) Half egg
4) 1.5 tbs of sugar (depending of how sweet you want)
5) 1.5 cups of flour
6) 0.5 ts salt
7) 3 tbs butter in Softened form
Making of FIlling:
1) 4 tbs of butter in softened form
2) 0.25 packed brown sugar
3) 0.5 tbs instant coffee (dissolved in 0.5 tbs boiling water)
4) 0.5 tbs coffee-flavored liqueur
And Half beaten Egg.
Denote: tbs = Tablespoons, ts = teaspoons,
pcs = pieces
Greased baking Sheet
Steps for Preparation
1. First thing is to prepare the dough: Mix the yeast, water, egg,
sugar and flour into the big bowl of the mixer. Knead with kneading
hook on low speed for 3 min.
2. Add the salt and butter and increase the speed to medium, knead for
another 5 min.
3. Remove the dough from the bowl and put it into a floured bowl.
4. Cover with the plastic wrap and put it into refrigerator for 60 min.
5. Now prepare the filling: Mix up all the ingredients for the filling
into a big bowl and mix until it become smooth, set aside.
6. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and transfer to a floured
work surface, put the floured rolling pin, roll out each portion to a 5
X 12" rectangle and 0.25" inch thick.
7. Spread hald the filling on each portion and roll into a cylinder.
8. Twist the cylinders to form a braid and pinch the end to seal them.
9. Transfer the braids to a greased baking tray.
10. Brush with beaten egg, set aside to rise for 30min until it become
tripled of the size.
11. Preheat the oven to 350F and bake for 35 min.
12. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 120 to 180 min.
13. Can be severed after that.
Enjoy your coffee babka.