Will be perfect when you have a hot
Serve 3 pcs
Making of Filling:
1) 1 cup walnut, chopped into pieces (finely form)
2) 0.5 cup packed brown sugar
3) 0.5 tbs instant coffee with 0.5 tbs boiling water
4) 3 tbs butter, softened form
Making of Crust:
1) 3 tbs butter, chilled
2) 1 tbs sugar
3) 1 egg (in actual need only 0.5 egg)
4) 1 tbs of cold water
5) Less then 0.5 ts salt
6) 0.75 cup flour
7) half beaten egg
Denote: tbs = Tablespoons, ts = teaspoons,
pcs = pieces
Baking sheet as well as paper
Pie weight or beans
3 pcs of 4-inch tart pans
Steps for Preparation
1. Firstly prepare the crust: Place the butter and sugar in the food
processor and mix for 2 min until it become smooth. While processing,
stop the machine from time to time and scrape the sides of the bowl.
2. Add egg, water and salt, mix for 2 min until uniform and smooth.
3. Add the flout and mix for 1 min, until the mixture forms a balls of
4. Remove the dough and wrap it with plastic wrap and put into
refrigerate for 60min.
5. Divide the dough into 3 portions. Roll each of them on a floured
work surface to 0.25" thick.
6. Transfer 1 pcs of dough to each tart pan. Carefully press down the
bottom and sides. Trim the edges with a sharp knife.
7. Put it into refrigerator for 15min.
8. At the same time, preheat the oven to 375F.
9. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and cut it like a circle of
baking paper the same size as the center of the tart pan and place it
on top of the dough.
10. Place the baking weights on top of the paper and bake for 20min.
11. Remove the baking weights and baking paper and brush the crusts
with a small amount of beaten egg.
12. Set aside the rest of the beaten egg to use in the filling. Back
the crusts for 3 min or more. Remove it and let it cool on the wire
13. Now we need to prepare the filling: Mix the remaining beaten egg,
walnuts, brown sugar, coffee and butter in the large bowl and mix until
it become smooth.
14. Turn oven down to 350F, pour the filling into the baked pie shells
and bake for 30min.
15. Remove the pies from the oven and let it cool to room temperature
before you eat.
Enjoy your pie.